The American Society of Naturalists (ASN) Graduate Council is committed to enhancing initiatives that provide valuable services to graduate students. These initiatives primarily involve planning and assisting with outreach efforts, graduate student activities at academic conferences, and ASN committees (e.g., Student Awards, Workshop, and Regional Society Liaison Committees, as well as the Executive Council). Beyond these initiatives, the ASN Graduate Council is developing an online community that supports and encourages the diversity of graduate students in the biological sciences.
We are currently accepting applications for the 2023 American Society of Naturalists Graduate Research Award. We encourage any post-candidacy students that are 1+ years away from completing their PhDs to apply! Applications due February 15. Full details, example proposals, and application link here.
Support our diversity, equity, and inclusion work by buying ASN merchandise from our Redbubble store. Now selling our life needs variation design in many languages, and our Evolution 2022 album cover designs.
Visit our merchandise store here.
- Emma Lehmberg*, 2019-2022 – PhD Candidate, Texas A&M University
- Kelsey Lyberger, 2019-2022 – Postdoctoral Fellow, Stanford University
- Simon Tye, 2019-2022 – PhD Candidate, University of Arkansas
- Katherine Eisen, 2019-2022 – Postdoctoral Fellow, Lund University
- Nikunj Goel, 2021-2024 – PhD Candidate, University of Texas, Austin
- Sarah McPeek, 2021-2024 – PhD Candidate, University of Virginia
* Current Graduate Council President